Why am I writing this blog?
I read or saw an interview some time back with an author or journalist or some such character who said a thing that comes back to me at sporadic intervals; that in order to be a writer - one must write. Not very profound I agree, but he went on to suggest that between those rare days where a large chunk of a book pours forth from his subconscious through his pen, he relies on a discipline of five hundred words a day. Regardless of mood or creative juice. Just sit and compose five hundred simple words: hone your craft. In my case I want to see if I have an ability, can I become a craftsman in this discipline? Moreover will it be interesting to another person or two?
So with far less than the requisite number, I will leave it there for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment